Feedback

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

We are having some friends over for dinner tonight and that, of course, means that I get to bake something! This time I decided to try red velvet cupcakes. They always look so pretty, the red cake contrasts so nicely with the white frosting. Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out as red and I wanted them too, I didn't have liquid food coloring, only the gel. It didn't dissolve in the cream very well. Oh well, it still tasted great, the color doesn't change that. The cream cheese frosting is pretty yummy too (I had to taste test, didn't I?!). I added some red sugar crystals to the top and I think that finished it off nicely.




They aren't quite as pretty as I hoped they would be, but it is my first attempt. Next time I'll know not to fill the cups quite as full (the batter rose a bit more than I thought it would) and hunt down some liquid food coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment